I thought it would make sense for my first post on this blog to be an introduction. The few followers I do already have might be a bit confused, because I've actually had this URL for ages, and I used to do half-arsed beauty/haul type posts. I've deleted all my old posts and this blog is now going to be used for a completely different purpose. I'm guessing the majority of people reading this will have come from Facebook or Tumblr; meaning that you might know some things about me, or you might know nothing at all -- or perhaps you think you know a lot about me, but in actual fact I really doubt you know much at all.
So, the meaning of this blog.
I will be posting here predominantly about my mental health and issues that affect my mental health. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time, and now a few people I know have started doing it and I've become more inspired. I always want to keep a journal, but that usually ends badly. So I figured why not blog? Before you make assumptions, I won't be posting huge rants every day, I won't be moaning 24/7, and fingers crossed it won't all be completely depressing. This will be a place for me to jot down my day to day experience of dealing with my mental health problems, and to try to make sense of things going on in my head. I also really hope that as I open up more, some of my readers will be able to relate to me or even talk to me about their problems, thus feeling less alone in all this muddled up mind business. I know that sometimes I feel completely alone in this, and often it really helps to know that someone else feels the same way, or at least similarly.
I will be enabling comments, but if I receive anything remotely offensive or judgemental, it will be deleted. I can also answer questions, or if needed, give advice. The best outlet for me to do this is Tumblr - pop a message in my ask box here. I won't necessarily have a schedule for posting, I'll just do it when I feel like I need a release and I can find the words to express it. Please bear with me!
Thanks for reading, and if you have a blog yourself don't forget to link it below so I can follow you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment